Welcome to our Blog!

We are all 5 years old and go to Ladbrooks School. We love to learn and we enjoy having fun with our class at our school.
Thank you for following our learning adventures on our blog.

Wednesday 4 September 2013

New Baby

Hi Weka

Today I got home from school and our cow had a new calf!  Here is a photo of her. She is a Murray Grey-Dexter cross and is very sweet. Her mum even let me give her precious baby a pat. The calf felt very soft. When she tries to run, she is not very good. She has a funny little tail.

See you tomorrow.
K
:)


4 comments:

  1. Cute, from Jake

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a gorgeous colour! When I was little I lived on a dairy farm and we had calves too. It was my job to feed them. Do you have a job on the farm?
    Ms Kelly from Auckland Point School

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ms Kelly
    I think the baby is a nice colour too. It is very different from it's mum - she's black. I personally don't do much with the cows except feed them, but only the grown up cows. The baby calf is fed milk by its mum. She is a Dexter. We only have 3 Dexters and then our new baby, so it is not much work. The two older Dexters come up to the fence for their hay. The mum stays back with her baby.The mum is very protective of it. The baby calf has just started to be naughty and run away from its mum. She tries to moo to tell it to stay close but sometimes it doesn't listen. If the mum gets too cross she chases her baby to tell it off. It's funny because the calf puts its tail up in the air when it runs away from its angry mum! I am not sure that the baby is a girl anymore. I will have to wait and see...
    Thank you for your question. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi again!
      Calves and lambs ARE funny sometimes! They are really playful.
      I was thinking the calf looks like a boy.
      Ms Kelly

      Delete